Products for the bakery sector: sliced bread and pastries
In the bakery sector, that includes sliced bread and industrial pastries, VEDEQSA offers solutions to solve the current market demands: longer-lasting products that maintain their texture, taste and freshness.
Advantages of acid microencapsulation in bakery
- Protects the bread against the presence of moulds.
- Reduces the percentage of yeast necessary to reach the desired volume, with the subsequent savings.
- Avoids the interaction of sorbic acid with yeasts during kneading and fermentation processes. This allows a reduction of the fermentation time and minimises the consumption of the preservative.
- Increases the shelf life of bakery products compared with the use of the same amount of non-encapsulated sorbic acid.
- Enhances the volume of the dough and the baked good compared with the use of non-encapsulated sorbic acid.
- Prevents caking of the preservative in powder blends.